Lighting artist with strong technical and artistic background. Experienced in game development, VR, mixed reality, VFX, and architectural visualization. Has expert knowledge of production pipeline, 3dsmax, Maya, Unreal, Unity, VRay, and Nuke, and Arnold. Expert knowledge of lighting, color, and composition. Expert knowledge of HDR and physically based rendering workflows. Strong technical and creative problem-solving skills. Excels at learning new skills, taking direction, adapting quickly, teamwork, and tackling new challenges. Passionate for professional excellence in computer graphics and video game development.
Organized and Efficient, Detail Oriented, Strong Creative and Technical Problem Solver, Adaptable, Team Player, Communication and Leadership.
Lighting, Compositing,, Shading, Rendering, Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Animation, VFX, Layout, Scripting, Pipeline Development, Video/Audio Editing
3ds Max, Maya, VRay, Arnold, Deadline, Perforce, Mudbox, Substance Painter/Designer, Unreal, Unity, , AutoCAD, Nuke, Adobe Creative Suite, Deadline, SpeedTree, Python, Maxscript, MEL, XML,
The Art Institute of California – San Diego
Bachelor of Science, Media Arts and Animation 2012
Turn 10 – Redmond, WA (Contract) 2018-Present LIGHTING ARTIST
- Created lighting in game environments using a proprietary game engine following photo reference and conceptual illustrations. Worked closely with lighting supervisor and art directors to deliver their vision for the look of the game. Wrote tools using python and max script to speed up lighting workflows. Maintained and operated render farms and remote lighting submission servers used for light baking. Wrote and maintained documentation. Worked with engine team to develop and implement next gen lighting technology. Evaluated new tools and software for pipeline integration
Microsoft – Redmond, WA (Contract) 2016-2017
3D ARTIST, TECHNICAL ARTIST
- Worked on R&D project related to volumetric video and mixed reality technology. Used Unity extensively for building apps for Vive, Oculus, PC, and HoloLens Devices. Tasks included: Scene Layout, Shading, Texturing, Animation, UX/UI, Audio, VFX, Camera/Post Effects, Scripting, and Performance Optimization. Authored documentation for new tools and workflows and provided direct communication and transfer of assets to external clients.
- Worked on HoloLens incubation team to generate ideas and prototypes and provide R&D for 3D Scanning technology. Tasks include UX/UI Design, Modeling, Animation, Lighting, Layout, Scripting, and Optimization.
Sony Interactive Entertainment – San Diego, CA (Contract) 2012 – 2016
TECHNICAL ARTIST, 3D ARTIST, MOCAP TECHNICIAN
Credits: Killzone 4 Shadow Fall, Defiance, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, The Order 1886, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, MLB the Show 15, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Bound, What Become of Edith Finch
- Worked with art director and producers to create highly optimized content for the PlayStation 3 and 4. Provide technical assistance to artists and problem solve technical challenges. Tasks include: Modeling, Animation, Texturing, Rigging, VFX, Lighting, Shading, Scripting, Layout, Audio, and authoring tools and content. Researched and developed new workflows and techniques for the PlayStation VR
- Worked as a Motion Capture production technician during shoots providing support for talent and working closely with animation supervisor and production leads.
Tallgrass Pictures LLC – San Diego, CA
VFX CONSULTANT, TECHNICAL ARTIST, 3D ARTIST 2013-2014
- Guided decision-making, installation, and deployment of render farm software/hardware.
- Worked alongside Director and VFX lead to provide consulting over production and R&D. Provide tools and support for VFX artists and production crews. Design and test new or faster workflows. Worked alongside artists to create fluid and dynamic simulations. Created 3D assets from start to finish. Managed hardware and rendering software.
Contract for Lake Keene Design Studio 2009- 2012
- Modeling, Animation, VFX, Texturing, Compositing, 3dsmax, Photoshop, After Effects
Baker3D (Freelance) 2011 – Current
3D Artist, Technical Artist
- Modeling, Animation, Texturing, Shading, VFX, Lighting, Compositing, Rigging
Association for Computing Machinery, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Yoh, Randstad Technologies, Collabera, Unity Users Group
- 2007 1st Place State Champion – 3D Visualization and Animation
- 2007 4th Place National Finalist – 3D Visualization and Animation